Saturday, March 31, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies

How's that for a name?  No Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies.  Whew! 

Summer is quickly sneaking up on us here.  We didn't get much of a winter, so I expect summer is going to be pretty darn hot.  I'm glad I came across this recipe to give me tasty cookies without using my oven!  I dread turning my oven on in the summer.  Dread it!

These cookies were quick to make, and super tasty!  I couldn't stop eating them. . . .mmmmm. . .

Pin It

I chose to make these into bars instead of cookies (I was running out of fridge space) and used a 9x13 pan.  It worked nicely!

NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER CORNFLAKE COOKIES
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup karo syrup
  • 1 jar (18oz) peanut butter
  • 6 cups cornflakes
  • 3 oz chocolate, melted (chocolate chips will work)
Combine sugar and Karo syrup in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring continually.  Remove from heat and stir in the whole jar of peanut butter.  Mix well.  Add corn  flakes in a large bowl and pour peanut butter mixture over the corn flakes.  Mix well, taking care to coat all the corn flakes.  Scoop out mixture with a cookie scoop or tablespoon, forming into 1-2" balls.  place on a cookie sheet.  OR place the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.  Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the cookies.  Let cool and EAT.

Photobucket

1 comment:

I love your comments!