Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stuffed Shells With Pesto

STUFFED SHELLS WITH PESTO

(Still time to link up to Saturday's Party!  See link HERE.)


This is adapted from one of my favorite recipes, and I love the way it turned out! This dish can take some time to prepare, so keep that in mind.  BUT, it's also a dish you can prepare ahead of time, and leave in the fridge for the day.  I also threw a pan in the freezer, since this was my first time preparing this dish as shells, I ended up with extra of everything I had to do something with!  As I have it written though, it should work out pretty close to a 9x13 pan size. 

See that gooeyness?  Wonderful!

STUFFED SHELLS WITH PESTO
From: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 1/2 pkg jumbo shell pasta, cooked
  • 16 oz ricotta cheese
  • 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced/shredded
  • 1/2 pkg (7oz pkg) pesto
  • 1 can alfredo sauce--I use Ragu, which is 1lb
  • 1/2 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and drained
  • 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
  • extra 1/2-1 cup cheese for topping
In one bowl, mix together the cooked chicken, spinach, ricotta and mozzarella cheese.  In another bowl, mix together the pesto and alfredo.  Spoon mixture into the cooked and cooled shells.  Put some of the sauce in a 9x13 pan, add the shells, and cover with the rest of the sauce.  Sprinkle with cheese, and bake in a preheated 350deg oven for about 30-45 minutes, until brown and bubbly, and hot in the middle.

(Linked up at: Friday's Potluck, )

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I could use some of that leftover frozen turkey! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I am salivating! I have a question tho, what size can of alfredo sauce is required? I am going to make this for Sunday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Steff! I fixed the post, I use the Ragu pasta sauce, and their jars are 1 lb.

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a nice change from tomato-based sauce. Never thought to use pesto with stuffed shells!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!