Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Brazilian Lemonade

Brazilian Lemonade


Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Today's my li'l sister's sweet 16 birthday. To commemorate, we had a small bash at my parents house. While there, my sister busted out this recipe. It was fan-freaking-tastic!!


It's really basic, and really easy too. My favorite combos. Sweetened condensed milk, 1 large lime, sugar, and water.

That's it my friends!


Chop up the lime, and put it in the blender. Yup, skin and everything. Don't worry, we'll strain it later.


Add 1/2 cup sugar, and 2-3 Tbsps of sweetened condensed milk. Then add 3 cups of water.


Blend everything together! it's pretty neat to look at I thought, all the lime chunks flying around. . .but maybe I'm just a little odd that way.


Strain it into a pitcher. See? I told you we'd get rid of all those chunks.


This is two batches. I think one batch pretty much only makes enough for two people. We ended up making three. Then we ran out of limes. . . .


There's a lot of juice still in here! All that frothy goodness, you want to get that in there!!


so take your spoon and press it all out. Yum. and feel free to do something with that lime skin. No, I'm sorry, I don't know what you can do with them.


Pour it over some crushed ice, garish with some lime slices, if your a garnish type of person. I'm not, sorry.

But my little brother is:


he's an odd child, that boy, but a darn good cook!! :)

BRAZILIAN LEMONADE

  • 1 large lime
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2-3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 Cups water
  • ice

Wash lime well, cut off the ends. Cut the lime into eight pieces. Combine all ingredients except for the ice in a blender. Blend well, then strain into a pitcher. Serve with crushed ice.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm....sounds interesting. Someday if I find myself with fresh limes at the checkout, I'll make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with lime. And sweetened condensed milk! I'm saving this one FOR sure!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! We just moved into a house with a lime tree, so I'll have to try this when we get some.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!