Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ham and broccoli wreath

HAM AND BROCCOLI WREATH


this just cries out that Christmas is here to me! I kind of want to dye the rolls green, but I'd probably screw something up.


To start off, you need some chopped ham (I was lucky enough to have some leftover thanksgiving ham that needed to be used up), chopped broccoli, cheese (your choice of white cheese--I used mozzarella, you could use swiss, provalone. . .) and two tubes of crescent rolls.

That's it! really not too much at all.


Mix together everything but the crescent rolls. Feel free to season with salt and pepper.


take a pizza pan or stone (I'm too scared to try my stone. . .I don't know how they work!) and layer the crescent rolls into a sun pattern. Make sure your bottoms are overlapping, since that's where all the filling is going to go!

Lightly press the seams together on the bottom, and then start piling the filling up!


it's going to get all over, it's ok. use your hands, and you can squish it together, that kind of helps it not to overflow too much off the edges.


then take the rolls and fold them over the filling and tuck them under the bottom of the rolls. Yup, the filling is showing, and I can hear you thinking "I don't want to get melted cheese all over, because that's a pain to clean off."

wait, that wasn't you? Must've been dear Captain Jax, who cleaned the stove out for me, after I flipped a pizza upside down while I was taking it out. Don't ask how it happened. Gravity and me just don't get along sometimes.

and here we have it after it's baked for about 25 minutes!! doesn't it look good? it tastes good too, and it's a nice CHEAP meal! just the way I like my meals.

HAM AND BROCCOLI WREATH

  • 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • ½ cup fully cooked ham, diced
  • 2 ¼ cups chopped fresh broccoli
Mix together the cheese, ham, and broccoli. Lay out the crescent rolls on a pizza pan or stone in a star shape with the bottom edges overlapping. Pile on the filling and fold over the points on the rolls, tucking them under the bottom.

Cook in preheated oven at 375 for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with a honey mustard sauce (equal parts dijon mustard and honey).

1 comment:

  1. you HAVE got to use your stone!! they are the best! i use them for everything. they need to be seasoned, so bake some crescent rolls on them, the oil in them will season it. or just use a little bit of PAm til they get seasoned. just wipe off with a paper towel, no soap just hot water. i love your blog, the resipes are so easy and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!