Friday, January 2, 2009

Rolo Cookies

ROLO COOKIES


I first heard of these cookies around this time last year. And I thought "How much better could a cookie get? Stuffed with a rolo?!" but I never got around to trying it. I found hundreds of recipes when I finally got around to googling for a recipe.


Shopping list: flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, vanilla, cocoa, butter, eggs, and rolos. Chances are you have all but the rolos in your pantry.

Unless you really like rolos, then you might have those in your pantry too.


First you beat together your sugars and eggs.

I love my mixer for this very reason. and thousands of other reasons, but after mixing cookies by hand (and I mean that too--a wooden spoon and bowl for EVERYTHING, no hand mixer here!) every little thing my mixer does is beautiful.


add your eggs and vanilla

and beat the heck out of it!! I actually got a shot with the mixer running. I think because I just discovered a feature on my camera to take food pictures! I had no idea. I'm obviously no budding photographer.

Probably not even a budding cook. :) Not that I care, because I prefer not to share.


then add all your dry ingredients. You can mix them all together before putting them in the mixer, but I never do.


ta-da! a big bowl of sticky chocolate dough. and it's really sticky too.


Create a little assembly line now of flour (for your hands) sugar, and rolos. Take about a tablespoon of dough with your floured hands, and wrap it around a rolo candy. Then roll the cookie in the sugar.


they don't spread too bad (which is surprising with all the butter in them) but give them some room to breathe still.

You don't want to bake these too long either! about 10 minutes max, until they start getting a little cracked. and when they're done, you can hardly tell that there's a rolo in there! it's a nice little surprise!

ROLO COOKIES

  • 2 1/4 C flour
  • 3/4 C cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1 C packed brown sugar
  • 1 C butter, softened
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 60 rolo candies
  • 4 Tbsp sugar

Preheat oven to 375deg. Beat together sugars and butter until fluffy, then add the vanilla and eggs; beat well. Slowly add the dy ingredints and blend well. With floured hands, shape about 1 Tbsp f dough around a rolo, covering it completely. Roll the cookie in the sugar and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375deg for 7-9 minutes. Cool slightly and remover from sheet. Makes about 60 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. These sound SOOOOO good! I think we need to have you cook us some, and we could get together to eat and scrap ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!