Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Corn Bread Muffins

CORNBREAD MUFFINS

You all asked for it! Let's use the cornbread mix from monday's mix-up. I love to make these muffins for my baby girl, they're so easy and I can freeze them.

Here's what you'll need:
  • CornMuffin Mix
  • meat of some kind (shredded chicken, hot dogs, etc)
  • veggie of some kind
  • egg
  • butter
  • water
Mix together your melted butter, the egg, and water.

Add your corn muffin mix

and mix it up good! At this point you can make it into regular corn muffins, or corn bread. It will make about 6 muffins, and a small bread pan of corn bread. (and I mean small, like 5x3 loaf size, so double this if you want an 8x8 pan)

Or you can move on to the next step and add all the 'extras'.

Then add your meat and veggies. Or whatever else you want. I like shredded chicken and veggies of some sort. Baby Girl likes the hot dogs. Of course. But she'll eat the veggies too. Sometimes.

As long as they're not carrots. She won't touch those.

Pour them into a greased pan and cook for about 20-25 minutes, until they're nice and brown.

Yum!

CORN BREAD/MUFFINS
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 Tbsp melted butter
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 1/4 cup corn bread mix
Preheat the oven to 425degs, and grease either a muffin pan, or small bread loaf pan (5x3). Mix together the egg, butter and water. Add the corn bread mix. Mix together then pour into your pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until brown.

OPTIONAL: add chopped veggies (uncooked) and meat for some variety, or to make a snack for a kid.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, as long as I have cornmeal (which I think I do), I'm going to make these today. With soup. I'll just pretend it's winter ;)
    Thanks for telling me how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious!! The kids are going... (Who am I kidding??)... We ALL are going to LOVE these! Thanks for the recipes!! (0:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming the recipe is for 1 1/2 cups of corn bread mix? I can't wait to make this - I don't normally keep the ingredients on hand but I've been craving cornbread for a while now and then I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!