Monday, May 4, 2009

Waffles-Monday Mix Up

WAFFLES

We made these waffles for our easter breakfast, and they were wonderful! Reminded me of the waffles you'd get at a restaurant. What's I love about these waffles is you could make a larger batch and freeze the leftovers. Then you have a fast, easy breakfast whenever you want it.

Here's what you'll need to pull out:

In a bowl, combine together the mix, water, egg yolks and oil.

Beat it pretty good, and get the lumps out.

While you're working on that, put the egg whites in your mixer and beat them until stiff. It takes a while. But it's worth it! Don't let it get dried out though.


Then fold it into the pancake mix.

It gives it such a frothy look, I love it! and it made a HUGE difference in the taste. I couldn't believe I ate basic boring waffles before this.

I also heard that if you put then on a baking rack, it helps them not to get soggy, because the moisture is able to move away from the waffles. Well, I tried it, and it didn't make much of a difference. Let me know if you have any other tips to keep these crisp after you take them out of the iron.

WAFFLES
Recipe Courtesy of: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 2 1/2 cups pancake mix
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 eggs separated
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Preheat your waffle iron. In a large bowl, mix together your pancake mix, water, egg yolks, and oil. While you're doing that, beat the egg whites until stiff in your mixer. Then fold the egg white's into your mix. Bake following your waffle iron's directions. Freeze any extra.

5 comments:

  1. Krystal, what a fabulous idea! I'm going to try this with whole wheat pancake mix - I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea. Now, I just have t break out my waffle maker. I really should, rather than keep giving the kids eggos..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally have a waffle maker!!! Woo-hoo! 12 years of marriage was all it took. Now I'm so going to try these, instead of always using a cheap-o store mix. Yummy! I love the color of your mixer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love waffles!! My friend Sally has a "waffling" party every holiday season instead of wassiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great waffles!!!! I always forget to make enough to freeze...or they get eaten ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!