from Mary, author of: Mynew30 and Deep South Dish
This is a great way to use up all those veggies in your garden! Or, if you're like me, and you can't use your veggies fast enough so you freeze them, this dish is a great one to throw those veggies in!
here's what you'll need:
- other veggies (I have used peas, peppers and mushrooms with it)
- buttery crackers (like club) or bread cruumbs
dice up all your veggies and set them aside. You'll need about two pounds of vegetables.
mix together the eggs, mayonnaise, seasonings, bacon and cheese in a bowl.
and your veggies and mix everything together really good.
Dump it out into your square pan and cover with your crackers (mixed with a little bit of melted butter) I've used bread crumbs before and had great results.
Bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes, until the egg has set up and it's not soupy.
MARY'S SQUASH CASSEROLE
Adapted from Mynew30 Original recipe found here
- 2 lbs worth of veggies: squash, zucchini, peppers, peas (the snap-peas are the best, since they still have their shell) mushrooms, onions
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1-2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20 crackers, crushed (about 1 cup) or 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of butter, melted