Friday, September 17, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes--Friday Feature

CHEESE STUFFED TOMATOES

Thank you Pastor Ryan, for the idea behind these tomatoes.

When it comes to cheese, I'm a person who likes the gooey, stringy, melty-ness of it. While ricotta and I get along just fine, and I use it to cook quite regularly, I need something else. I added pepperjack cheese to this recipe, to help give it the gooeyness I love, and it gave it just enough kick! I loved it.

Roasted Ricotta Tomatoes
Adapted from: http://thepioneerwoman.comPosted on: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

8 roma tomatoes
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
italian seasoned bread crumbs
1-2 cups grated pepperjack cheese
italian seasonings (parsley, basil)
salt and pepper
1-2 spoonfulls minced garlic

Slice the tomatoes in half and scoop out the insides. Let drain face down on a paper towel. Mix together all the other ingredients, except the breadcrumbs. Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture into the tomato halves. Press each half into the breadcrumbs, cheese side down. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 400degs for about 20-30 minutes.

Linked up at: Bountiful Basket Round Up,
Featured on:
Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes on Foodista

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes recipe, looks so mouthwatering. If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your post. Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post so it will appear in the Foodista pages and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look just divine...I'd love to have one for breakfast right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAhaha...I'm with Julie - I'd gladly eat these for breakfast too - alongside some scrambled eggs. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!