Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wedding Brownie--Saturday's Party Week 5

WEDDING BROWNIE

Welcome to Saturday's Party!!  This is the ultimate party food, right?  For my sister's wedding, they wanted a brownie wedding cake.  Neither of them really cares for cake, but they both love brownies.  I said "ok, I'll see what I can do".

I used your basic box brownies, following the directions to make them more "cake-like" by adding an extra egg.  My concern was that brownies are soft and gooey.  Soft and gooey things don't like to be played with--aka: lifted and stacked on top of each other.

It worked perfectly.  They still had enough brownie texture to them, and tasted perfect!  And it was easier for me to work with them.

The filling was what I like to call "raspberry crumbles".  It's the exact same filling I had for my wedding cake, and we loved it.  That's the recipe I'm going to share with you today.  It's so tasty!  and you could easily substitute another flavor.

RASPBERRY CRUMBLES
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 1-2 bags frozen raspberries
  • 1 package danish dessert
Mix up the danish dessert according to the directions on the package.  while your raspberries are still frozen, crush them up and mix them into the danish dessert.  Add enough that you have a jam-like texture.  Not too runny, but not too thick.  Use as a filling for cakes, topping for ice cream, etc.  Refrigerate any unused filling, as well as the cake. 

Now link up your party ideas!  Here's a taste of what was shared last week, to get you going. :)



Brenda's Canadian Kitchen linked up this recipe for Turtle Cheesecake Tarlets.  Yum!

Now let's get Saturday's Party started!  Come play and spread the word!  The more the merrier! :)

Recipes Of A Cheapskate


  • Please link to your original POST, not directly to your blog's homepage.
  • Anything pertaining to a party is welcome! Food, drinks, decoration ideas, theme ideas, etc.
  • Grab the Saturday's party button to add to your post, or link back to this post so others can come here and see the other great party ideas!
  • go check out the other bloggers and see what they made!  Who knows, you might find a new blog to follow!
    Photobucket

    7 comments:

    1. Love your blog and all the recipes!
      I'm a new follower from blogfrog!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am glad that I found your blog. Have found some recipes, I want to make.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Krystal, thanks for featuring my tarts from last week! I think your brownie cake looks fantastic! What a great idea. :o) I'm bringing pie to the party this week. Thanks for hosting and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Dear Krystal

      I just found your blog and I love it! Have signed up to follow you and would be delighted if you joined me at Create With Joy!

      I am also joining your party for the first time (hope you'll forgive me for being fashionably late!) :-) Now that I know you are here, I hope to join you in the future!

      Hugs
      Ramona
      http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. First time here! Nice posts, have a nice day!

      ReplyDelete
    6. so impressed by your brownie cake! hopefully i'll remember to link up to this Saturday's party :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Cheesecake tartlets link does not exist. Her blog has been removed. You can link to Pillsbury... http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/turtle-cheesecake-tartlets/4f4bd40a-0646-4b44-83b9-645c816f0a72#

      ReplyDelete

    I love your comments!