Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jerk Chicken Kabobs

JERK CHICKEN KABOBS

It's grillin' season 'round these parts!  Which actually means for us to bust out the Forman and use that.  Sigh.  Someday. . .hopefully before summer's end. . .we'll have a REAL grill to cook on!  I've been craving my steak. . .medium rare. . .I want to try make some herb butter to melt over the top!

But kabobs work great on the forman.  However, don't trust it when it tells you it's done.  The chicken might not be cooked fully, so check it before you dig in.  We had to cook it twice to get fully cooked chicken!  Next time we'll cut the heat down a bit.  WAY too spicy for my weak mouth!


JERK CHICKEN KABOBS
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Adapted from: Kraft Kitchens
  • 1 env. (0.7 oz.) GOOD SEASONS Italian Dressing Mix
  • 2 Tbsp.  brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 2 Tbsp.  soy sauce
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp.  ground thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
  • 1-1/2 lb.  boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
  • 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks2 small yellow squashes, cut into rounds
Mix together the italian dressing mix, sugar, oil, soy sauce, cinnamon, thyme, and ground pepper.  Add the peppers, squash, and pineapple.  Mix well, and transfer them to another dish along with a spoonful or 2 of the marinade.  Add the chicken to the sauce, and mix well.  Let everything set and soak for at least 30 minutes, longer won't hurt!  Thread onto kabob sticks, and grill over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, turning often to prevent burning.  


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You got to love the Foreman! It makes life easy! This sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a possible way around cooking twice: do one kabob of just chicken and one of just veggies and cook separately. I think I will have to try some kabobs, maybe my kids will like them. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SOOO good! I am going to have to remember to get all the stuff I need and give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a grill but I love my Foreman too! :) It's a lot easier for some things to be honest. Make sure that you aren't crowding it.

    These kabobs looks amazing Krystal! Bet they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!