Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mango Berry Salad

It's still hot here.  Way hot. . .

I actually turned the oven on yesterday to make dinner.  I thought "hey, as long as the oven's on, I'll make a pan of brownies".  My house was above 85degs!!  No more oven for a while. . .although those brownies really hit the spot.

My sister shared this recipe on her blog the other day, and gave me permission to post it here.  Doesn't it look refreshing?  I'll be making this soon!


Mango-Berry Salad
  • 1 cup strawberries
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 cup mango (approximately 1 mango)
  • mixed greens of choice (approx 11-12 cups is appropriate for the amount of fruit)

Dressing
  • 1 large mango cut up in pieces
  • 1.5 Tbsp of plain yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1.5 Tbsp honey
Mix ingredients in blender until smooth. Plate salad individually then pour some dressing over the mix. Store leftovers separately. After dishing up a bowl we topped each salad with about 1 Tbsp of cinnamon almonds for a sweet crunch.

1 comment:

I love your comments!