Monday, September 26, 2011

Cheesy Bacon Dip



What is it about bacon and cheese that just make me happy?  I had a potluck bbq recently, and I was trying to decide between two different dips I had seen on pinterest.  A BLT dip, which sounded tasty, and a loaded baked potato dip.  Which also sounded tasty.  

The only problem was I didn't like all the ingredients in both of them AND didn't have all the ingredients for either of them!!  So I improvised and combined the recipes into just what I wanted, but apparently not unique.  Saw almost the exact same recipe a few days late whilst browsing the internet.  But it was a hit!!  I took the leftover dip, and threw it on top of some chicken in the crockpot.  Made a wonderful use of the leftover by creating a creamy, cheesy chicken we served over pasta.


CHEESY BACON DIP
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Inspired by: BLT Dip, and Loaded Baked Potato Dip

  • 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 container (16oz) sour cream
  • approx 2 cups shredded cheese
  • approx 1 pkg cooked and chopped bacon, plus more for topping
  • 1 pkg ranch dressing mix (the dry kind)
  • optional: chopped onions or chives
  • corn chips, for serving

Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch dressing.  Mix well. You can add other seasonings like onion powder, garlic powder, pepper.  Add the bacon and shredded cheese (and green onions or chives).  Garnish with more bacon (and green onion or chives) and serve with chips.

Use the leftovers (if you have any!) to cook with chicken in the crockpot.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this...would love to have some tonight when I'm watching dancing with the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!