It's my favorite season right now. No, not winter. Soup season!! I love love LOVE soup! And thanks to pinterest, I'm finding dozens of new soup recipes to share with you this season.
This soup was wonderful, and it really did taste like a big bowl full of lasagna. I'm a big fan of creamy soups, but this soup had such a perfect flavor, that I didn't think it needed to be creamy. THe longer you let it cook, the more liquid the noodles soak up, turning it more into a casserole type dish--but still tasty!
Adapted from: The Deen Brothers
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
- olive oil
- 1 lb ground sausage (I used bratwurst)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- lasagna noodles, broken up (I used a whole package, which is why my soup turned into a casserole--try 1/2 a package or less for more soup-like consistency)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the ground meat and onion. Cook until the meat is browned. Add the broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and let the flavors blend together for about 20 minutes. Add the noodles and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat, and cook, stirring occasionally until the noodles are cooked through. Remove from heat, serve with mozzarella cheese over top.
Shared at: Ms. enPlace,