Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baked Potato Soup



Last time I tried a potato soup, it pretty much turned into mashed potatoes instead of soup.  I'm not sure why.  So I've been hesitant to try another potato soup.  I finally gave in, because they tempt me so much!  This one was a winner.  It kept the soup texture I wanted, but so creamy and full of potatoes!  it was perfect.  And it came together fairly quick too, which is a plus.

Pin It

BAKED POTATO SOUP
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Adapted from: The Slow Roasted Italian
  • 8-10 slices bacon
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 5 potatoes, baked and smashed
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup grated cheese, plus more for topping
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
Cook the bacon in a large pot until crisp.  Remove and crumble.  Save the drippings, and add the flour to them.  Whisk for about 1 minute (if it's too thin, add a bit more flour, like a tablespoon).  Add the chicken broth and stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.  Add the potatoes and most of the bacon.  Stir well, add the milk, and cook until heated through.  Add the cheese and sour cream.  Stir well, serve with extra bacon and cheese to top.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!