Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Potato and Chicken Chowder



Wow, I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been around.  Is there such a thing are Christmas lag?  Wherein I'm feeding chicken nuggets and cold cereal to my family instead of cooking?  If so, I've got that.  But I'm slowly getting back into things.

I was going through my picture folder on my computer, and I saw this picture and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out WHAT recipe it was.  Soup, that's a much as I knew.

Pin It

Thankfully after about a week of looking at this recipe, trying to figure out what recipe it was, or even IF I followed a recipe in making it, I finally got an answer.  So here ya go!  Now my mind can focus on other things. . .

POTATO AND CHICKEN CHOWDER
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 6 bacon strips
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 box (approx 4.9 oz) Au Gratin Potatoes Mix (like Betty Crocker)
  • 2 cups hot water
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 can (approx 15oz) corn, drained
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • shredded cheese for topping
In a large saucepan, brown the bacon and reserve 2Tbsp of the bacon drippings.  Crumble the bacon into small pieces, and saute the onions in the bacon drippings until tender.  Add the potatoes, including the sauce packet, water, milk, broth, corn and bay leaf.  Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Reduce the heat, stir in the chicken and milk.  Heat through.  Discard bay leaf, and serve with bacon and cheese for topping.

Linked up at: See Ya In The Gumbo,
 Ms. enPlace

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I looovveee potato soup/chowder but the only meat I've ever added was pork (ham in the soup itself or bacon on top). I'll have to try it out with chicken next time....I always have some in the freezer anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I saw that picture and didn't know what it was, I'd drive myself crazy trying to find out. Creamy, cheesy, bacony--looks delicious.
    Thanks for linking up. I'm glad you joined in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dish..I would surely love to give it a try..Thank you so much for posting it..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!