Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Greek Yogurt Pancakes

Saturday is our day for good breakfasts.  Maybe because we laze around in the morning, no one is rushing off to work, and I'm usually up early to pick up our Bountiful Basket.  Since I'm up, and we're all home, I love being able to cook a breakfast for everyone!

This pancake recipe originally called for sour cream, but I had a fridge FULL of greek yogurt (seriously, at least 30+ cartons) that needed to be used. Yeah, I know, that's a lot of yogurt!  but you never turn down free food.  At least I never do.  

Pin It

GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES
  • 8oz greek yogurt (any flavor is fine, I used honey and strawberry)
  • 7 Tbsp flour
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine the dry ingredients and yogurt in a bowl.  Mix until almost combined--dry spots are ok! In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add the vanilla extract.  Pour into the yogurt mixture and stir gently.  Pour approx 1/4 cup per pancake onto a hot greased griddle/pan.  Cook for a minute or two, until the bottom is lightly browned and flip.  Cook for another minute or two and remove from pan.  Top with syrup, fruit, or whatever you like!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I never saw a pancake recipe like this - I love all the Greek yogurt in them! They sound scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!