Saturday, March 24, 2012

Faux Mashed Potatoes



I loved this dish.  I really did!  The research I did showed a lot of reviews about how people couldn't even tell they were mash cauliflower instead of potatoes.  However, my in home survey 2 out of 3 wouldn't eat them because the cauliflower was too strong.  And I could taste the cauliflower, and the potatoes, and it didn't bother me.  The cauliflower wasn't overwhelming, and I liked it!

Pin It

FAUX MASHED POTATOES (using cauliflower)
http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 2 large potatoes, cut into chunks
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • milk
  • butter
  • 2 package dry ranch dressing mix
  • seasonings: chives, salt, pepper
  • shredded cheese for topping
Boil the potatoes and cauliflower together in a large pot of water, until both are soft.  The cauliflower will finish first, so if you want you can cook separately.  When they are both cooked, place them in a large bowl and mash them up.  The smoother the better.  I like to do the cauliflower first, make sure that gets really smooth, then add the potatoes, since I like chunks of potatoes.  Add butter according to your taste, and milk to help smooth the mixture out.  At the end, add the ranch mix and other seasonings.  Sprinkle with cheese before serving.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!