Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Steak and Parmesan-Peppercorn Sauce

I love this time of year.  I love being able to eat steak more often.  I'm a carnivore at heart.  Steak is a special occasion meal for us since it's kind of cost-prohibitive.   Winter time?  We probably don't touch it.  Summer time?  With the nice weather, we're much more likely to get out there and grill some rib-eyes up!  

Now I have a marinade that I just love, but I loved the idea of a creamy sauce over my steak.  And it was tasty!  The creamy pepper flavor was perfect for someone like me who loves both those worlds.  This was a nice change up from my normal steak.  

Pin It

STEAK AND PARMESAN-PEPPERCORN SAUCE
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Adapted from: Kraft Foods
  • 1/4cup + 2 Tbsp italian dressing
  • 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 1lb
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
Marinate steak in 1/4 cup dressing for at least 30 minutes.  Combine the sour cream with the rest of the dressing, parmesan cheese, and pepper.  Cook the steak on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until medium done (or to your desired done-ness).  Remove from heat, and let sit for a few minutes before slicing and topping with sour cream sauce.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!