Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grilled Pork Chops

I love this time of year.  I am just loving being able to throw things on the grill.  You know why?  My kitchen was 90 the other day.  NINETY.  We don't have a/c, and our house just isn't cooling down during the night. It's been rough.  So I'm grilling as much as I can. And hiding in the cooler basement.  

Pork chops are not something that we eat a lot of.  It's not a food I grew up eating much of, so I don't know many ways to cook them.  These though?  They were PERFECT.  I couldn't believe how tasty they were.  I'm telling you guys--the longer you marinate things, the better they are.  They're juicier, have more flavor, and well, they're just better!  Start them marinating in the morning, and grill them up for dinner.  

Pin It

GRILLED PORK CHOPS
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 2 boneless pork chops
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 3 Tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • salt and pepper
Place the chops in a bag or dish.  Whisk together all the other ingredients, and then pour over the chops.  Place in the fridge and let marinate for at least 3 hours--the longer the better.  I like to start them first thing in the morning, and then grill them for dinner.  Occasionally go and squish the bag, or turn the chops in the marinade.

Preheat the grill to medium-high, and cook the chops for about 5 minutes on each side until done--Temp should be at least 170 inside.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!