Saturday, May 17, 2008

Crunchy Ranch Chicken

I love *LOVE* this recipe. It's pretty easy too, which is always a plus.

Let's start with cornflakes.
Then you want to crush the heck out of them with a glass cup. Or if you're fancy, put them in a food processor until they're nice and breadcrumb-like. You can also put them in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Whatever floats your boat, just get them crushed. You want a cup full of crushed cornflakes. Put those in a bowl.
Then I added a good dash of italian seasoning. Enough to empty my bottle!! But that's ok because I had bought another bottle to refill this one. I used italian seasoning because the recipe called for fresh parsley. . .and well, I've been to lazy to plant my herb garden yet. I'm working on it!

Throw in some salt and pepper too. . .and maybe some garlic powder. I love garlic. A little Parmesan cheese is good too.

Pull out another bowl and put ranch dressing in it. The recipe says to add water to make it runny, but I like it thicker. You'll be adding chicken to this as soon as it's chopped up, so let's get on that!

Two chicken breasts. Thought that would be enough for the two of us, but I was wrong. I suggest having a side dish. . .maybe two. Then it will serve two.
I prefer things in chunks, instead of strips. Especially if I'm going to coat it in something. Then I get more coating in each bite!
wow, that picture isn't very good. Sorry 'bout that. But this is a food blog, not a photo blog. moving on. . .put all your chicken pieces into the ranch and make sure they all get covered with the dressing. If you want, you can do this a few hours earlier, and marinate the chicken in the dressing.
Cover the chicken with the cornflake mixture and place on a baking sheet. You might want to spray it with cooking spray. Depends on how your pan is. This is a rather long process, you can try the shake'n'bake method, putting the crumbs in a ziplock and adding chicken. That would speed things along, just make sure your chicken pieces all get separated from each other and coated. Then cook for about 10 minutes at 350degrees. Yum!

Crunchy Ranch Chicken

1 cup cornflake crumbs
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/3 cup ranch dressing
1 teaspoon water
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips

--Combine cornflake crumbs and parsley.
Combine dressing and water in another bowl.
Dip chicken into dressing mixture. Cover with cornflake mixture. Place on lightly sprayed non stick pan. Bake 8 minutes or until tender in a 425 degree oven.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I have to delete it, because my mother reads my blog and we don't want her to find BBC, but just so you know you made my day. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!