Monday, December 15, 2008

Poppy Seed Bread

POPPY SEED BREAD

After reading Kara's post about poppyseed bread, I was craving it!! This was before she posted her recipe, so I ran over to my sister's.

I was in luck. We found mom's cook book, and of course, she had a recipe. She has a recipe for everything I think. This was super easy, and quelled my craving. For a while. I think I'll be making more today.


Not much goes into it either! flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, salt, oil, vanilla, almond, poppyseeds. I think that's about it. Things you probably have in your kitchen right this very moment!


You just mix everything together--and I mean everything, all at once!


pour it in a greased pan (I line with wax paper, and grease that as well). We discovered, although the recipe says it makes one loaf, it filled the pan very, VERY full. And we had to cook it about half an hour longer. I'd say split it between two pans.

But it sure looks pretty when it comes out!! These are the only pictures we got of it, it was scarfed down in about 10 minutes by my sister's four kids.

and ok, I helped as well. It sure was yummy!!

Mom's Poppyseed Bread
  • 3 c flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 11/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 c milk
  • 2 tbsp poppy seeds
  • 1/2 tbsp almond flavoring
  • 1/2 tbsp vanilla flavoring

mix all together. Makes 2 dozen muffins (bake for 20 minutes at 425deg) or 1 LARGE loaf (or two small) bake at 350deg for 45min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!