Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vanilla Muffins

VANILLA MUFFINS

Yesterday, Captain Jax's computer bit the dust. AGAIN. I think it does this every 6 months or so. Therefore, he lost all of his school work, and all of his programs. And (most importantly) photoshop. He had just reinstalled it (for the 3rd, and final time--they only allow 3 installs) about 1 week ago. Now we have to buy the program again, unless when he calls them, they have a way to let him keep installing it.

But for some reason, the computer didn't touch my folder. I'm not sure why, but I'm not complaining! We finally decided we have got to to better at backing up all our stuff. So we kind of went on a shopping splurge. We got him a new hard-drive for his computer, and a 1.5 TB (I know, it's HUGE!!!) external hard-drive for us to back everything up on to.

Cross our fingers that THAT doesn't go out on us too! We have bad luck with electronics.

Anyway, onto our muffins! This is a very basic muffin, a type I would rather use as a base mix, and add different flavors to make different muffins.
  • milk (I use rice milk)
  • flour
  • sugar
  • salt
  • baking powder
  • butter (I use dairy free margarine)
  • egg
Mix together all your dry ingredients, and your milk, vanilla and eggs in a seperate bowl.

Add the wet to the dry.

And mix it well!

Melt your butter, and then add that to the mixture. I'm not sure why it needs to go in this order, or what adding the butter last does. But I did it anyway.

It's pretty liquidy at this point. That's ok.

Fill your muffin pan. Either grease it good, or use liners. I love to use my cookie scoop to fill my pan, because it's easy to get them all equal. Then you don't end up with that tiny last muffin.

When I took these out of the oven, I thought they looked just like cupcakes. They even smelled like cupcakes!

But they're muffins, I promise. Some jam is tasty with them!

You can put frosting on them if you want though. I won't judge.

VANILLA MUFFINS
Recipe from: Amy's WFD Blog
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 TB baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 TB melted butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 TB vanilla extract
Preheat oven to bake at 350ºF. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners, or grease them, then set aside. Blend all dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Blend milk, egg and vanilla in small bowl. Add milk mixture to medium mixing bowl, combining ingredients just until no
longer dry. Add melted butter and blend well. Spoon batter into muffin tins, and bake 18-20 minutes, or until tops begin to brown. Check muffins after 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely on my "to do" list!
    Very nice and simple! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the sound of these. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those just look beautiful! No need for icing at all!! I know what you mean about electronics - I seem to have some kind of magnatism that makes them go out!! DH got me XM radio for the house (so I'd have something to listen to when I cook!!) for Mother's Day. We had a power outage and it "fried" the controller. So now all I have is a subscription to XM!! Ugh! Good luck on your new computer!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!