My brother had to make this meal, because Captain Jax won't touch avocados. It sounded really good to me too!
This is a meal you could make for around $5. For sure less than $10!
- Chicken breasts (buy on sale at $1.40ish lb)
- avocado (perhaps $1?)
- swiss cheese slices ($2-3)
add your slices of avocado, and cover with your cheese. My brother warned that whatever part of the avocado doesn't get covered will turn brown, so cover it up good!
Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is all melty.
Mmmm. . . .looks good to me!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 2-4 slices of Swiss or Provolone cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and ground cumin to taste
Heat oven to 350°. Place chicken in baking dish. Season with spices to taste. Bake 30 minutes, place avocado slices on chicken and top with cheese, bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted