Thursday, November 4, 2010

20 Minute Biscuits

20 MINUTE BISCUITS

Well, I was looking for a roll recipe, an hour before dinner time, and having no luck.  Everything required yeast, and raising two times.  I didn't have the time for that!  Plus I'm really not much for a baker. 

I found this on Allrecipes, and while it's called a roll recipe, it has a biscuit taste and feel to it.  It's not the dinner rolls I was expecting, but it was still very tasty.  It's actually all K-girl ate for dinner that night.  Yeah, I know, she's 2.  I added Italian seasonings, and cheese to give it more flavor, and it was perfect with our spaghetti.

20 MINUTE BISCUITS
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Adapted from: Allrecipes.com
  • 1 cup self rising flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 Tbsp mayo
  • 1-2 Tbsp italian seasoning
  • 1/4-1/3 cup shredded cheese (I used parmesan)
Mix everything together.  You might have to use your hand and knead everything in.  Divide into 5-6 rolls and place in a greased muffin pan.  Bake at 350degs for about 15-20 minutes, until nicely browned on top.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. The addition of the italian spice is A GREAT idea. I love biscuits - fun recipe.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! So does the Savory monkey bread....and the poppy seed bread....you temptress! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I would like to try this soon, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet these would be delicious with a great big bowl of soup :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great recipe for rushed nights. They sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Biscuits are a family fav. These look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!