Sunday, November 28, 2010

Honey Brushed Chicken

HONEY BRUSHED CHICKEN

(cough, cough, sniff, sniff) I'm sick, which is why there was no Saturday's Party posted this week.  We're living off Thanksgiving leftovers, and dayquil and nyquil.  Captain Jax is sick, K-girl is sick, and we're crossing our fingers that Baby M doesn't catch anything.  Hoping to get back in my groove and get my kitchen cleaned up from pre-thanksgiving cooking (yes, it's still a mess of dirty dishes, how bad am I?)  Until I'm back on my feet, here's something to tide you over. 





SPICY HONEY BRUSHED CHICKEN THIGHS
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Adapted from: Mommy? I'm Hungry!
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt (I used onion salt)
  • 1 teaspoon cumin powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 8-10 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • 6 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons water--just enough to make the honey runny
Preheat broiler. My broiler has a high and low setting.  I used the high setting for this.  Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a pan covered with foil. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.  Combine honey and water in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush half the honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute.  Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

Photobucket

1 comment:

I love your comments!