Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bread Machine Dough

BREAD MACHINE DOUGH


There's something about just dumping everything into a machine, and ending up with the perfect dough.   My sister in law brought these rolls to Thanksgiving dinner, and I begged her for the recipe.  Especially after I found out she made them in her bread machine!  I have a baking problem.  I struggle with it. Perhaps it's the preciseness it can take.  I don't have that in me!  I never measure when I cook, I eyeball everything.  It's rather difficult to do that with baking, as it can throw off everything.  


MINDY'S BREAD MACHINE DOUGH
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg 
  • 2 tbsp butter 
  • 3 cups flour 
  • 1 tsp salt 
  • 3 tsp yeast   
  • ¼ cup sugar
Place all the ingredients in your bread maker according to manufacturer directions (Mine is dry first, followed by wet).   Mix on dough setting.  Take out and form into rolls.  Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.  Bake at 350degs for about 11-12 minutes.  While rolls are still hot from the oven, take a stick of butter and rub the tops with it. 


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. If these had you begging for the recipe I might have to try this. Even though I do not have a bread machine . . . we will see what happens! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I just start weight watchers and you post about homemade bread?

    Man! *kicks dirt*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I have a question for the bread machine setting does that mean to take it out when its done kneading before it sits and kneads again takes about 15-20 min or do you leave it in the whole kneading setting that takes about an hour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ The Daily Smash--Y'know, I'm not quite sure. My bread machine has a 'dough setting' that I just hit, and let it go! it runs for about 2 1/2 hours, so I imagine it's the whole setting. I think it involves the mixing, warming everything up so the yeast activates and dissolves, kneading, and resting/rising. It might even have a second kneading involved. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave it in the whole time. Mine (dough setting) takes an hour and 20 minutes. Then it beeps.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!