Monday, January 17, 2011

Pizza Bites

PIZZA BITES

Remember that bread machine dough recipe I posted about the other day?  Well, this is one of the awesome uses for that dough. 


I love when the sun comes out just long enough for me to take some relatively decent pictures without the flash making everything look funny.  We haven't had nearly enough sun lately. 

One of the things I have come to love about this recipe is how easy it is to adapt to what you want.  And that I can freeze them, and cook them from a frozen state.  It's now one of our go-to meals.  When I have the time to spare to roll, cut, fill, and pinch (that can be time consuming) I love to whip up a batch of these and throw in the freezer.  I've had great success with freezing IN the mini-muffin tin, then transferring to a ziplock, as well as just freezing on a lined baking sheet.  I actually prefer the muffin-tin method, as the bites then fit perfectly back in the tin when I'm ready to bake them. 

PIZZA BITES
Adapted from: Our Best Bites
Posted At: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 1 recipe bread machine dough (or your favorite pizza dough recipe, or from a tube)
  • cubed mozzarella cheese
  • diced pepperoni
  • pizza sauce for dipping
Roll out the dough to about 1/4" thickness.  Taking a pizza cutter, or a knife or something, slice the dough into about 2x2 squares.  Place the pepperoni and cheese on each square.  Approximately 1-2tsp of each.  Pull the corners of the dough over the filling, and pinch to seal all the edges.  Repeat with all the squares.  Place in a greased mini-muffin tin and bake at 400degs for about 10 minutes.  Watch them.  They're so small that they will cook quickly! Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.

FREEZING: Make all the rolls.  You can either place them in the muffin tin, and freeze them, OR place them all on a lined baking sheet and freeze.  Once frozen, place in a ziplock bag.  To cook, place the FROZEN bites in the mini-muffin tin and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the top is brown.  Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.

VARIATIONS: Try your favorite pizza combination!  Hawaiian, veggie-lovers, meat-lovers, chicken bacon ranch.  Endless variations!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So cute and tasty too - these will be great for the football playoffs this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so want to make these tonight! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I have my bread machine going every weekend so this is an easy one to sneak in for Tailgating Time and I know it will be a favorite with the guys! Thanks for linking up. Hope to see you for Tailgating Time again tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!