Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken Parm

 CHICKEN PARM

 There's something about things smothered in cheese.  I love it.  That's how my dad would get us kids to eat leftovers. :)  When I was looking for a chicken parm recipe, I couldn't believe how many were out there, and how much SAUCE they all had.  I'm not a sauce person. 


 So I created a recipe to make it have less sauce.  And since Captain Jax (my husband) doesn't like large amounts of parmesan cheese, I couldn't coat the chicken in parmesan cheese like most recipes had.  Instead I mixed together some cheese with some italian flavored breadcrumbs.  Gave it a tasty crunch!

CHICKEN PARM
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • 2-3 chicken breasts--cut in half, so they're thin
  • Flour for dredging--season with salt and pepper
  • 2 eggs, mixed
  • 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
  • 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • oil for pan frying
  • approximantly 2 cups marinara sauce
  • mozzarella cheese
Heat oil in the pan at a medium heat.  Mix together the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Take the chicken and coat with flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture.  Pan fry the chicken--chances are it will cook completely on the pan.  Pour enough sauce in a baking dish (you might need 1 9x13 and 1 9x9, depending on the size of your chicken) to JUST cover the bottom.  Add the cooked chicken, and spoon about 1-2 Tbps sauce on the chicken; don't drown it!!  Cover the chicken with the mozzarella cheese, and cook at 350degs until the cheese is melted (10-15 minutes).  When the cheese is melted, turn the broiler on for just a few minutes until the cheese is browned.  Serve over pasta, and add more sauce as you desire!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!