Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Egg and Salsa Sandwiches



How's the weather in your area?  It's cooling off here, which is fantastic!  I have a whole slew of recipes lined up for you soon, and I can't wait to get started on them!

This one is another meal I grew up with.  One of those quick meals to feed us when our parents were going out for something.  To this day, it's still one of my favorites, because of the ease in making it!  I always have the items on hand--eggs, salsa, bread, and cheese.  The longest part is waiting for the eggs to cook!  While I use the oven for this recipe, you can just as easily use the microwave.


Use your best judgement on how much of everything you put it--not too soupy, yet spreadable.  Add more cheese to thicken it up, more salsa to thin it down.

EGG AND SALSA SANDWICHES
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Salsa
  • Grated cheddar cheese
  • Bread (I love sour dough for this!)
Chop up your peeled eggs and mix together with salsa and grated cheese.  Spread on sliced bread.  Arrange on a rack on top of a baking sheet--this helps the bread to get a bit toasty, and not soggy.  At this point you can bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes (I usually do 350degs) until the cheese is melty and then broil for a tiny bit at the end (totally optional, I like the cheese to get a little toasty) OR you can nuke it in the microwave.

Linked up at: This Week's Craving,



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good. Funny we had meals like that when we were kids too. Meals that we would get when our parents went out. Ahhh such memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!