Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yoplait Winner--Take Two and a Soup Recipe



Well, unfortunately the first comment picked for the Yoplait Smoothie Pack never got in contact with me :(  So we draw again!

Congrats to #10 Bonnie!  Pina Collada.  That's an awesome idea for a smoothie mix!  PLEASE contact me within 72 hours to claim your prize!  krystalsrecipes (at) gmail (dot) com

CHICKEN AND CORN SOUP

As for this recipe, I sort of came about it by accident.  I woke up the other day, and my house was 60degs!  After so many days of the temperature in the house being around 85degs, this was a bit of a shock.  And it was rainy, with a few snow flakes here and there.  That means it's soup weather my friends.  I love it!!

So I went to my two favorite sources for soup recipes: foodgawker.com and pinterest.com.  I sure found a lot of awesome recipes to try, but most of them didn't fit what I was quite looking for.  I found one that was close, and I altered it enough to get it where I wanted it!

Pin It

And it was perfect for this weather AND with short cooking time in the crockpot.  Always a plus when I can just throw everything in the pot and let it go!

CHICKEN AND CORN SOUP
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Inspired by: tasteandtellblog.com

  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 pkg frozen corn (16oz)
  • approx 1-2 cup shredded cooked chicken (I used leftover rotisserie)
  • 2-3 potatoes, diced up
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder for taste (go heavy on the pepper, the soup doesn't have much flavor on it's own)
  • 1/2-1 cup heavy cream or half and half or milk

Throw everything but the cream into the crockpot.  Stir it up, and cook on high for about 4 hours (or low for about 8), or until potatoes are tender.  If you like your soup thicker/creamier, put a cup or two into a blender and blend it up.  Add back to the rest of the soup.  Add cream at the end, and sprinkle with grated cheese (optional).

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!