Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crepes



I'm not a morning person.  Never have been, never will be.  Ask my dad about my teenage years and trying to get me to school on time.  As Captain Jax can ALSO verify, mornings just don't suit me.  And I can't handle breakfast unless I've been up for 2+ hours.

But I love breakfast foods.  So. Much.  I could eat breakfast foods for every meal.  We actually often have breakfast for dinner, and I {heart} it!


This is my crepe cookbook, I bought for $.50 at a thrift store.  It's awesome!!

Crepes are at the top of my list for breakfast foods.  Waffles and puff pancakes are tied for second.  I love eating crepes warm, full of peanut butter and syrup.  Captain Jax likes his with brown sugar all over the tops.  Jam is another popular filling for us.

Pin It
CREPES
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
From: Better Homes and Gardens Crepe Cookbook

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp oil
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix well.  Heat a greased skillet (I love my cast iron for this) with oil or butter.  Remove from the heat and add approx 1/4 cup batter, tilt the pan to spread the filling all over and into a nice thin pancake.  Return to the heat, and cook until there the top looks smooth and not batter-like.  There will probably be some popped air bubbles.  Flip the crepe and cook for about 20seconds on the other side, just to brown it a bit.  Continue until the batter is gone, greasing the pan as needed.  Serve with your choice of toppings and fillings--berries, applesauce, jam, peanut butter, syrup, brown sugar, powdered sugar, whipped cream, etc.

My cooking note: I often double or triple this recipe, to ensure there are PLENTY of crepes.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!