Monday, November 7, 2011

Sour Cream Banana Bread



I have a few favorite banana bread recipe.  This bread is so soft and moist, I've made 3 batches in the past two weeks.  Ok, yeah, I had a lot of bananas that need to be used!

Pin It

I even successfully made them into muffins.  However, they made 15 muffins, which was kind of annoying when you have a 12 cup muffin tin (like most people!) They were just as tasty as the bread.  I love eating this bread when it's nice and warm, with butter melting into every spot.  Mmmmmm. . .

SOUR CREAM BANANA BREAD
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350degs.  Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan.  In a large bowl, combing the bananas, eggs, oil, sour cream, and vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet--flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.  Stir until just moistened.  Pour into the prepared pan.  Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for about 10 minutes, the remove bread from pan to a wire rack.

Linked up at:

 Ms. enPlace

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I agree with you on the 15 muffin thing.

    You know, I've never baked with sour cream. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I LOVE banana bread. Going to have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tried this and made muffins instead of a loaf. Really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!