Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lemon Chicken Cordon Bleu

I'm a fan of chicken cordon bleu.  It's somewhat fancy, and pretty tasty.  But it can be rather time consuming.  And I'm not very good at rolling my chicken up.  This method of butterflying them down the middle, giving you one large flat piece was nice.  Instead of rolling it up though, you just lay the ham and cheese on it, and fold the chicken back over it.  I had NO cheese leaking out, which was fantastic!  The cheese stayed where it should have been.  

Pin It

I used just a few toothpicks to secure everything.  The lemon slices on top though were perfect.  So perfect.  They gave the chicken such a nice flavor, and I think I liked this over the breaded chicken version that you normally see!



LEMON CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
From: Can You Stay For Dinner
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 4 thin slices ham
  • approx 1 cup shredded provolone/mozzarella cheese mix
  • 4 slices lemon
  • salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400degs.  Take your chicken breasts and carefully split down the middle.  Think of them like a book--you're opening them up, but not cutting the spine.  Layer your ham, and then sprinkle with cheese.  Approx a cup per breast, but if that seems like too much/not enough, adapt! Fold the chicken back onto itself, tucking in all the pieces of ham and cheese sticking out, otherwise they just burn.  I used a few toothpicks on each breast.  Spread a little bit of oil on the top and bottom of the chicken pieces, and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Top each piece with 2 lemon slices and bake for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!