Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Pancakes

Breakfast really is one of those meals that I could go without.  Wouldn't even phase me.  I usually have to wait 2-3 hours after waking up before I even feel ready to eat breakfast.  So that's not to say I don't like breakfast foods, because I love them.  I just can't eat them in the morning.  Not my thing.  

The pancakes were quite filling, and I loved the lemon and blueberry flavor.  Because I had cake flour on hand, I made them like the recipe called, but needed a fair amount of extra to make them the proper consistency.  Next time I make them I'll try them with regular flour and let you know how they turn out!

Pin It

LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Originally From: The Pioneer Woman (adapted slightly)
  • 1 1/2 cups cake flour+approx 1/2 cup extra to add as needed
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 (heaping) Tbsp baking powder
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp melted butter
  • 1 heaping cup of blueberries (I used a full package (6oz I believe) from the store)
Mix together the 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.  In another bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and zest.  Allow to sit for about 5 minutes.  Add the egg, extract, and melted butter.  Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.  If the mixture is too thin, start add some of the extra flour.  If too thick, add extra milk.  Gently stir in the blueberries.  Check the thickness of the batter again, and add flour or milk as needed.  You want it slightly pourable, not soup-like.  Melt some butter in a skillet on medium heat.  Add batter in 1/4 cup increments to make pancakes.  When 1 side is browned, flip and cook on the other side.  Continue until batter is all gone, occasionally melting more butter in the pan as needed.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!