Breakfast really is one of those meals that I could go without. Wouldn't even phase me. I usually have to wait 2-3 hours after waking up before I even feel ready to eat breakfast. So that's not to say I don't like breakfast foods, because I love them. I just can't eat them in the morning. Not my thing.
The pancakes were quite filling, and I loved the lemon and blueberry flavor. Because I had cake flour on hand, I made them like the recipe called, but needed a fair amount of extra to make them the proper consistency. Next time I make them I'll try them with regular flour and let you know how they turn out!
LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Originally From: The Pioneer Woman (adapted slightly)
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour+approx 1/2 cup extra to add as needed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (heaping) Tbsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 heaping cup of blueberries (I used a full package (6oz I believe) from the store)