Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Shredded Beef Tacos


I told you I had more recipes for you using the roast!  Unless you're one of those people/families who ate the roast all in one sitting.  In that case, you're gonna have to go make another roast to be able to make these tacos.  Sorry.  That's just how it goes.


These tacos take me back to high school, when my then-boyfriend (now husband) and I would leave school and go to his house for lunch.  We made these tacos a few time, and they were super tasty.  There's something about freshly fried tortillas.  However, feel free to use whatever kind of hard shell you want.  Fry it yourself, or buy it from the store.  Whatever works for you!

Just remember to load up on the sour cream and cheese.  Mmmmmmm. . . .amount are approximate, so you can make as much or as little as you need.   

SHREDDED BEEF TACOS
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

  • Left over shredded roast (approx 1/4-1/3 cup meat per taco)
  • salsa
  • shredded cheese
  • shredded lettuce
  • diced tomatoes
  • sour cream
  • 1 taco shell per person

Prepare the meat by mixing it with salsa, until it's wet, but not dripping.  More salsa as needed for flavor or to help get the meat wet.  You can just heat it up in the microwave, or the stove top.  If you use the stove top, you might need to add more salsa after it's warmed.  Prepare your taco as desired.  I like to put everything on 1 side of the shell, spread the sour cream on the other side, and eat it like that.  I hate getting bites with just lettuce, or just meat.  This way insures I get it all!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ooh these sound yummy! Not that I've ever met a taco I didn't like, but I definitely appreciate anything that can be cooked in a crockpot!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!