Monday, December 17, 2012

Bruschetta Pasta

Remember a few weeks ago how I made that amazing bruschetta chicken?  Well, I went and turned that awesome tomato mixture into a pasta 'sauce'.  

I feel like I shouldn't call it a sauce though, because really, it's not.  It's a bunch of chopped up tomatoes mixed with seasonings.  So not very saucy.  But i serve it over pasta, therefore in my book, it's a sauce.  But remember, I'm an amateur home cook.  

The tomato mixture transferred over beautifully though, and the taste was fantastic.  Just like it was with the chicken.  And it becomes a quick weeknight meal!  If you look at costs too, a few tomatoes, pasta, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and seasonings, it's a very affordable dish.  Probably no more than a few dollars for the entire dish.  Especially since many of those things should be staples in your house (if you're like me, and freak out when you run out of minced garlic...).


BRUSCHETTA PASTA
From: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

  • 4 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 Tbsp dried basil 
  • 1-2 Tbsp minced garlic (more or less depending on the taste)
  • a few pinches of salt and pepper
  • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 4 servings of spaghetti noodles
  • Shredded parmesan cheese for topping

Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.  Mix together the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar.  When the pasta is done cooking, mix together with the tomatoes and top with the parmesan cheese for serving.  

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have a huge love of bruschetta, and it sounds wonderful in pasta form!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!