Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chocolate Pomegranate Cookies


My blogging time seems to have disappeared lately!  I'm making food, and taking pictures, and trying new things but it seems like every time I sit down I'm attacked by these little kidlets of mine.  And by the time they're in bed I'm thinking of just eating cookies, instead of blogging about them.  

Anyway, these cookies were fantastic!  Most of the arils (the little juicy red seeds in the pomegranates) stay together and so you get bites of chocolate and bits of pomegranate.  I love it!  The cookies unfortunately didn't stay together for me very long.  They were rather crumbly, but that didn't stop me from dumping them in a bowl and eating them with a spoon.  I'm totally ok with that.  And would STILL make them again.

And again. . .



CHOCOLATE POMEGRANATE COOKIES
P
osted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Originally from: Dana Made It
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter–don’t use margarine
  • 1/2 cup vegetable shortening–you can substitute more butter 
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 3/4 cups brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking boda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 to 2 1/2 cups choc chips–approx 1 bag of chips
  • 1 cup pomegranate arils (those red seeds)
Cream together the butter, shortening, 2 sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Beat the mixture on medium-high for a full 3 minutes–it will change into a very creamy mixture. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine it with the butter mixture and mix till everything is incorporated.  Add the pomegranate arils and chocolate chips. Mix briefly to incorporate everything. A few seeds may burst while mixing but that’s fine. Scoop the dough into small balls (I used a tablespoon) on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 12 minutes


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!