And so I start looking at the fresh food at the grocery store closer, because it's starting to become more affordable as it comes in season! That's my favorite. I hate buying out of season produce, because I hate spending an arm and a leg on my food!
This spinach salad is fresh and affordable, when you get the strawberries on sale especially!
When I made this salad, I used a large bag of spinach, the largest my store carried, and there was plenty for the 12 of us eating dinner.
STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Slightly adapted from: Radiant Health Inner Wealth
- 1 bag/bunch spinach leaves (whatever size your grocer carries)
- approx 1lb fresh strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- sliced almonds, toasted (the toasted is optional, mine were not)
- 2 Tbsp EACH: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar
- 1 Tbsp EACH: sesame seeds, soy sauce, orange juice
- 1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/8 tsp paprika
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside. Layer the salad in a large bowl: spinach, strawberries, and then a sprinkle of almonds. Continue until the bowl is full. You can either add the dressing to the salad before serving, or let others serve themselves. I prefer to let others serve themselves. Give the dressing a good shake before serving.