Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken Soup

CROCKPOT CHICKEN SOUP

This is the Second recipe for Soup Week!  You can see the first recipe HERE.  You can also still link up to Saturday's Party HERE.

 I'm a creamy soup person.  I'm more than happy to admit it.  I don't care much for chili's, stews, "dark" soups.  I think my mind has connected creamy soups=cheesy goodness  dark soups=spicy.  I have a hard time with hot spices, I just can't handle the heat.

This soup, however, had just enough heat for me.  You could even amp up the heat factor depending on what type of salsa you used.  I used a salsa verde, since that's what I had on hand.  The nice thing about this soup, besides throwing everything in the crockpot and leaving it, is the options for eating.  You can scoop the soup and eat it with the chips, you can crush the chips up and mix them in with everything (my favorite), you can forgo the chips completely and just eat the soup!  AND it freezes up nicely.  Always a plus in my book!

CROCKPOT CHICKEN SOUP
Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Adapted from: sisterscafe.blogspot.com
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 2 15-oz cans black beans, drained
  • 3 15-oz cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 2 4-oz cans chopped green chilies
  • 1 14 ½-oz can tomato sauce
  • 3 cups grated cheddar cheese, for topping
  • Tortilla chips, for topping
  • Sour cream, for topping
Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 hours. During the last 1/2 hour of cooking, remove chicken breasts and slice or shred into bite-sized pieces. Stir into soup. Serve with cheese, chips, and sour cream.  Freeze leftovers.

(Linked up at: Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday Night Supper Club, Tuesdays At The Table, )

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I like spicy, but when it comes to soup, I'm with you! Creamy soups are what I'm drawn to. This soup looks great. I like all the extras on top. Makes it look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow--this looks amazing and i love that it can all be done in a crock pot. gotta love the crock pot! thank you for sharing this with tuesday night supper club!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!